This site is under construction!!
apiUi is a free software tool set to virtualize and test SOAP and REST api services. It works with HTTP(s) but also with STOMP which means it can also be used with JMS and KAFKA. It is the only free API virtualization tool that uses formal contracts like Swagger, OpenApi and Cobol Copy Books to present a GUI with a form to edit the entire message. This allows end users to focus on functionality rather than language or technique, there is no need to know XML or JSON. When mocking, apiUi uses contract information to match inbound messages to the right operation. Your API virtualization solution is easy to install, easy to enhance and easy to share.
The product comes with two executables, namely apiUi and apiUiServer. The difference between these executables is that apiUi has a graphical user interface (GUI) and apiUiServer has a command line interface (CLI).
apiUi offers developers/testers an integrated development environment (IDE) that has a very fast graphical user interface which has all the functionality needed to test api's.
And because it is a fully functioning virtualization tool this is also the tool to debug your virtual services.
the apiUi GUI, upper part is the design area, lower part shows logging
apiUiServer is the headless worker and is applied in the cloud and in CI/CD pipelines to virtualize your services. apiUiServer and apiUi share the same engine and share the same api so every service-call that can be processed by apiUi can also be processed by apiUiServer and vice versa.
When working with apiUiServer in a cloud, you can use apiUi on your workstation to inspect activities in that cloud. Open a project at start-up by using the CLI and use apiUiServer's own API to view what is going on in the mock. A common way of working is to develop virtualized services with apiUi on a (Windows) desktop and deploy it to a Linux environment in the cloud and run it there with apiUiServer.
- Works with REST Api's, SoapXml, Cobol Records and free-format
- Data driven testing
- Low code testing
- Parses YAML , JSON , XML and Cobol Copy Books
- Interprets Swagger , OpenApi and Wsdl's (Soap/Xml)
- Validation of message against schema
- Hosted on Windows and Linux
- GUI operation and Headless operation (on premise and in the cloud)
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- Automatic regression and coverage reporting
- Dynamic messages and responses
- Simulate bad performance and simulate faults
- Simulate asynchronous operation (call back)
- No restriction on the number of services, operations or messages.
- No restriction on the size of messages
- Edit messages that comply with the service definition
- Documentation at your fingertips
- Context switching
Easy to start with
apiUi is easy to start with, it only takes a few minutes to get it up and running. Just follow the steps in Getting started and you are ready to simulate and test your services.